Mosaic: A Leader in Phosphate and Potash Fertilizers
Mosaic is one of concentrate phosphate and potash fertilizer's leading manufacturers and marketers.
Mosaic stock (NYSE: MOS) has lost 8.7% in the last week, underperforming the S&P 500 (down 1.7%). Further, the same trend was observed over the last ten days (-12% vs 4.4%) and one month (-26% vs -8.5%). The stock rallied from $40 at the start of the year to $78 in April, however, it closed around $45 on 5th July.
The Mosaic &MOS; is one of the leading producers and marketers of concentrated phosphate and potash crop nutrients. The firm posted lower than expected results in the first quarter of 2022, missing both the revenues and earnings estimates. Further, its sales volumes were down 7% and 33% y-o-y in April for the potash and phosphate segments, respectively. On a similar note, the trend continued in May with all units reporting negative growth in volumes. It is one of the key reasons behind negative sentiment toward it.
Now, is Mosaic stock set to drop further, or could we expect some strength? We believe that there is an 88% chance of a rise in Mosaic stock over the next month (21 trading days) based on our machine-learning analysis of trends in the stock price over the last ten years. See our analysis on https://www.trefis.com.com.
On Twenty-One Day, MOS fell by -26%, while the S&P500 dropped by -8.5%; MOS underperformed the market
(1% chance of occurrence; 88% probability that price will rise over next 21 days)
- Over the last twenty-one trading days (one month), Mosaic Company stock dropped 26%, while the broader market (S&P500) fell 8.5%.
- A drop of -26% or more in twenty-one trading days is a 1% probability event, which has occurred 26 times out of 2514 in the last decade
- The stock has seen a positive movement over the next twenty-one trading days following 23 of these instances
- There is an 88% chance that the stock will rise over the next twenty-one trading days
Ten Day: MOS -12%, vs. S&P500 4.4%; Underperformed market
(5% probability event; 42% chance of increase over next 10 days)
- Over the last ten trading days (two weeks), Mosaic Company's stock fell 12%, compared to the broader market's gain of 4.4%.
- A change of -12% or more over ten trading days is a 5% likelihood event, which has occurred 134 times out of 2514 in the last decade
- The stock has reacted positively to the news on 56 of these 134 occasions
- Based on the analysis, there is a 42% chance that the stock will rise in the next ten trading days
On the Five Day: MOS fell -8.7%, while the S&P500 dropped -1.7%; Market underperformed
(Event that is likely to occur; chance that it will rise over the next five days)
- The Mosaic Company's share price decreased by 8.7% over a five-day trading period ending on 07/05/2022, while the broader market (S&P500) fell by 1.7%.
- A drop of -8.7% or more over five trading days (one week) is a 4% probability event, which has occurred 106 times out of 2514 in the last decade
- Over the next five trading days, the stock has risen in value following a positive move on 53 of the 106 occasions when it closed at its lowest price over the preceding five days
- A 50% chance exists that the stock will rise in value over the next five trading days
See how Mosaic's peers fare on metrics that matter to you in the following section of this article, and you can find other useful comparisons for companies across industries at
If you're looking for a more balanced portfolio, our high quality portfolio and inputportfolios< span >no< span id='sub'> input portfolios< s p > input NoLoginRequired/" target = "" class="colorlink" title = https : // www . tref is . com/>data