Ethereum's Supply Since The Merge Has Only Grown A Little
The supply of Ethereum since the Merge has only increased by a small amount - much less than what would have been the case if PoW was still being used.
The Merge was a turning point for Ethereum, marking the transition from a Proof-of-Work to a Proof-of-Stake governance consensus. This change will allow Ethereum to scale more efficiently and reduce its environmental impact. In the long run, this will make Ethereum more secure and resilient, positioning it as a leading blockchain platform for the future.
The most notable difference between the old and new Ethereum systems is the change in supply. With miners no longer mining ETH, the total supply has dropped by over 99%. This change will have a number of benefits for the Ethereum network, including reducing inflation and making the system more sustainable in the long term.
- It is encouraging to see that the supply change of ETH since the Merge has surpassed 9,000 and now sits at 9,700. This means that there is still a lot of interest in this cryptocurrency, and that the team behind it is continuing to work hard to improve it. With this in mind, we can expect the price of ETH to continue to rise in the future.
- The data from ultrasound.money provides a glimpse into what Ethereum's supply would look like under different governance models. Users can simulate the supply change as if Ethereum were still governed by Proof of Work.
- It's clear that the move to Proof of Stake has had a major impact on Ethereum's issuance rate. However, it's worth noting that even though Ethereum's issuance is lower than Bitcoin's, the difference is still significant. This shows that Proof of Stake is a more efficient way of managing a cryptocurrency, and that Ethereum is leading the way in innovation.
- It is interesting to see that Ethereum has turned deflationary, as this is not something that is usually associated with cryptocurrencies. However, it is worth noting that this is only a temporary situation, and it is not yet clear what the long-term implications of this will be. It will be interesting to see how XEN Crypto develops, and whether or not this will have any impact on the Ethereum network.
- EIP-1559 is a great way to reduce transaction fees and help Ethereum scale. By burning a portion of ETH based on current fees, EIP-1559 will help reduce the overall cost of transactions on the Ethereum network. This will be a huge benefit for users and businesses alike, as it will help make Ethereum more accessible and affordable.
It's Over 9000: ETH's Supply Change Since The Merge The Ethereum Foundation has finally released the long-awaited details of the ETH supply change since the merge.